Sky Blue Onyx SLAB
- Quantities available is subject to material in transfer, transit and prior sale. Please call your branch to confirm availability.
- 1 piece of this item covers 2.25 square foot area.
- This Item is produced regularly. Please inquire for additional production information.
Residential interior floor
Residential interior wall
Commercial interior wall
Bathroom, Floor, Living Room, lobby, TV Wall and Fireplace
Get the most out of your Marble Systems product by following these helpful instructions for installing floor tile. A Few Dos & Don’ts
- Tile may be installed over most structurally sound substrates if they are clean, smooth, dry and free of wax, soap scum and grease and other debris.
- Carefully read and follow all instructions and precautions on the adhesive or mortar package. Mix only enough to be used within 30 minutes.
- Since variation of shades is an inherent characteristic of ceramic tile, mix tiles from several cartons as you set, for a blended effect.
- Order extra material for cuts, spare tiles, and waste.
- If material is face taped, remove tape after installation.
- Be sure to calculate exact tile needed for your surface before installation.
- If you are short of material do not start installation until you have all the tile that blends. Additional shipments may not match the tile from previous shipment.
- If you do order additional tile for an older job be sure to match color lots before installation.
Tile may be installed over most structurally sound substrates, if they are clean, smooth, dry and free of wax, soap scum and grease. Any damaged, loose or uneven areas must be repaired, patched and leveled. Remove any moldings, trim, appliances, etc., which could interfere with installation. Door jambs may be undercut for tile to slip under. We recommend waterproofing most floors to prevent surface seeping.
- MARBLE SYSTEMS AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS AS A RESULT OF THESE SUGGESTIONS. YOU MUST USE A PROFESSIONAL MARBLE INSTALLER AND PREMIUM SETTING MATERIALS.
Natural stones are products of nature, and no two pieces are exactly alike. These codes are intended as a general guide to how much variation in color, movement, and veining can be expected. All natural stones have unique natural variations and inclusions that are impossible to show in a photograph or sample. For this reason, all stone should be unpacked and inspected prior to installation, as Marble Systems cannot accept claims for variation in any stone after install.
- Some Medium and Heavy Duty stones cannot be used in exterior applications in areas that experience freeze/thaw conditions. Please use specific stone in the Usage Guide for this information.
- Some Medium Duty stones may be subject to scratching or etching when used as countertops.
- Light, Medium and Heavy Traffic refer to pedestrian traffic only. If the stone is to be installed in an area with vehicular traffic, please contact a sales representative to inquire about thickness and installation requirements.
- Stone in this group must be sealed periodically as a normal maintenance routine if used in wet areas.
- These materials may contain areas of open or dry seams that can appear dull in reflective light. This is not a defect, but rather an inherent characteristic of the stone.
- White thin-set or mortar is required. This is the case for all limestone, tumbled stones, “antiqued stones” and light color marbles.
- These stones may be characterized by dry seams, pits, and fossils. In polished and honed stones, these areas are often filled at the factory. In rustic or tumbled stones, as well as with some honed limestone, these are often filled with grout during installation. Whether filled at the factory or during installation, the fill can work its way out of the voids. In these instances, it may be necessary to refill these voids as part of a normal maintenance routine.